Pages

Saturday, May 21

All salute Liz Earle

   
       
Yes, it's another Liz Earle post, and I wanted to add to the collection of blogger's that cannot praise this range of products enough. I decided that the very popular Cleanse and Polish, Hot Cloth Cleanser had to be my first purchase. I've read so many reviews saying that this cleanser had now become an essential in many girls skin care routine's, so I knew I had to see what the fuss was about. 

I bought the product from the Liz Earle website which I found very easy to use, with a simple, clear layout which directed me around all of the stock. I chose the 100 ml pump starter kit of the cleanser for £13.25, which comes with two muslin cloths and I also received a complimentary bottle of the Instant Boost Skin Tonic. 

The cleanser is a thick white cream which I personally love, because it doesn't feel as though it sinks into your face too quickly, which some light cleansers do, making it hard to wipe off make-up. It feels cold and soft to touch and the fresh, herbal scent really makes it feel like it's working wonders. It also gives a tingly sensation to my face so I know it's seeping deep into my pores. 

The website says ... 

"We only make one cleanser because this formulation is the ultimate in concentrated yet gentle cleansing power and works on every age and skin type.

Our plant-based cleanser has a 2-phase action, phase 1 is the cleansing. Free from mineral oil, it has a rich and creamy texture and swiftly removes all traces of face and eye make-up, even stubborn mascara.Phase 2 is the polishing. Polish off the cream using the pure muslin cloth to help gently dislodge dead skin cells and help reveal clean, soft and radiant skin.
Naturally active ingredients include eucalyptus and cocoa butter for smoother, clearer skin."

So how do I use it?

1) Although you can use the cleanser to take off your make-up, I personally prefer to use a face wipe first. I use Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes to take the majority of my make-up off, including any mascara and eye liner.
2) Then, I use one pump from the Hot Cloth Cleanser and massage it all over my face, mainly concentrating on my chin, nose and eyes. 
3)When I think it is all worked in, and my make-up has loosened, I run one of the muslin cloths under a hot tap (not boiling) and use it to polish off the cleanser on my face. I use my hand for my cheeks and forehead, and a finger under the cloth to get in around my nose and eyes. 
4) When I'm happy that all my make-up is off (you will see it all on the cloth) I splash my face with cold water. 
5) Additionally, if you have the Skin Tonic, you can use a cotton pad to gently smooth some over your face to get a 'fresh', 'awakened' soothe feel to your skin. 

I use my cloths 2 or 3 times before putting them in a normal 30 degree wash.

I genuinely would recommend this product to anyone of any age, because I have noticed a significant improvement in my skin. When used morning and night, it cleared up any spots and gave my face a more even tone. Then, when I had a day off, I noticed a few pimples reappearing. So I would make this a staple part of your daily skin care routine - I won't go a day without it anymore!

With a rich, beautifully scented plant based cream and textured muslin cloths to polish, this product really is a winning combination for the ultimate in cleansing techniques.

Lois x   

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the toner in this range xx

Lois said...

Oooh I can't wait to try that! I want all of it :) x

Unknown said...

I really need to buy some Liz Earle stuff, It sounds great! :)

Leigh said...

wow, this sounds amazing! i must try this! i have heard so many good things about this...thanks for the post! :)

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com