Pages

Tuesday, June 14

Makeup haul

Mac Studio Fix Fluid £19.50/Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder £6.99/Topshop Blush in Butterscotch £6/Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder £3.99/Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19/Max Factor Masterpiece MAX Mascara £9.99  
Just a few pieces I've bought recently that I thought I'd review for you. I always wonder where on earth my money has disappeared to, well, here's the photographic evidence...

Shade NW15
Before purchasing this I was a MAC virgin, but now I've bought my first item I think I may have caught the MAC bug! This foundation gives a lovely matte finish with a medium coverage which is perfect for my sometimes problem skin. You can also build the coverage easily with a brush. If you have good skin with an even tone I wouldn't recommend this product as I think it's going to look too heavy for you. The lady on the counter matched the correct colour for my skin and I'm really happy with that. I hate deciding myself!

shade 51
This bronzer smells delicious, it's actually good enough to eat! I bought the lighter shade as I'm not a fan of the orange look, I prefer a more natural sun kissed glow, and this does just that. You can build it up for a darker tan and I also use mine to give a warmth over my eyeshadow, which is a tip I got from the lovely Sara Walker. (Take a look at her YouTube, it's my fave!)

shade transparent

I chose this shade as I don't like to add more colour with my foundation, concealer, bronzer and blusher. I do find I have to re-apply it every few hours as it doesn't last, but it's well worth the price as it gives a soft matte finish and hides shine instantly.

This is a cream to powder blush and I love the way it blends so easily on your skin. I bought this colour as it was the most subtle of the collection, the others looked way too bright for my liking. But, in fact, this colour is almost invisible on top of my foundation, so I use it as a highlighter as it has an illuminating look which I like to enhance my cheekbones. 


shade light 2

This Collection 2000 concealer is my most used to date! The colour matches my skin perfectly and it really does hide imperfections such as blemishes, scars or freckles (although I like my freckles on show). I don't even have to re-apply it often because, like it says, it has 16 hour lasting perfection.




It is the official mascara of Milan fashion week so it must be good enough for me! Masterpiece MAX makes my lashes big and bold which is my favourite look (if I could be bothered to wear falsies every day I would). This mascara gives lashes amazing volume without clumping, leaving eyes looking wide and pretty.


Lois x 

No comments: