Pages

Friday, December 10

What is drama but life with the dull bits cut out

                    Profile: Ashley Murphy
 
I do like...
Snow, Dancing, Giggling.
I don't like...
People who are not disabled parking in Disabled Parking spaces.
People who don't use the words "Please" and "Thank you".
People who smoke in and around my personal space.
Ignorance.
I am...
... a 21 year old Theatre Arts Student. Currently studying at Middlesex University (Trent Park Campus) in Enfield. My university course incorporates the acting and technical side of Theatre, including lighting, sound, stage management and directing, with the option to specialise in technical aspects alongside the acting.
In my spare time...
I am a Performing Arts teacher for Stagecoach Theatre Arts Company. I work with children from the age of 4-7yrs, helping them develop their skills in singing, dancing and acting, but mainly building their confidence.
As a child...
I have lots of really distinct memories of playing and improvising plays/songs/dances with my cousins. Also, being a student at Stagecoach for 7 years also helped me to realise my own interest in Drama. My secondary school teacher was also a huge influence to me, Miss Margileska. She was cool, calm and I really respected her.
Inspiration...
My inspiration has got to be the kids I teach, watching them develop as young people and performers. Giving them the tools they need in order to gain confidence and help them to grow as individuals.
I would love to...
Play Elphiba from the Musical Wicked. She is a strong, confident, independent character, who goes through a lot of hardship throughout her life.
A little overrated...
Actress - Scarlett Johansson
I loved playing...
Eliza Doolittle - My Fair Lady
In 10 years...
I see myself working as a Drama teacher in secondary schools and owning my own Stagecoach Franchise as a Principal, somewhere in the world.
If I were you...
Take criticism on board and don't take it to heart. Work hard for what you want and be confident.

Many thanks to Ashley! x                                                                                                                                                  
Images are Ashley's own.

No comments: